Main Blurb

Hi,

My name is Jane and I am using this blog as a way of keeping a record of my cake decorating projects.


I have always enjoyed cooking, particularly baking and have started to take cake decorating more seriously over the last few years. It all started when a friend asked me to make the cake for her wedding in May 2010. In the 9 months or so leading up to the wedding I started buying cake decorating books and
looking online, practicing my piping and sugar paste skills and soon I was hooked, taking any opportunity to try out a new technique or recipe.


From September 2010 to June 2011 I completed a cake decorating course at Thames Valley University and make cakes for friends and family at any given opportunity.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy the blog.


Jane


Monday 2 May 2011

Golf Cake

This is the 30th Birthday cake I made for my sister's boyfriend, Andy.  He is a keen golfer and I had never made a 2 tiered cake - so thought I would give this a go.  The bottom tier has rolling hills and a blue sky made from sugar paste and royal icing flags and clouds.  The top tier is made to look like the green using green sugar paste.  I piped bulbs using white royal icing between the tiers to look like mini golf balls.  I have never made a figure before so thought I would give it a go using Squires modelling paste – I think this is something I need to work on!
March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment