Main Blurb

Hi,

My name is Jane and I am using this blog as a way of keeping a record of my cake decorating projects.


I have always enjoyed cooking, particularly baking and have started to take cake decorating more seriously over the last few years. It all started when a friend asked me to make the cake for her wedding in May 2010. In the 9 months or so leading up to the wedding I started buying cake decorating books and
looking online, practicing my piping and sugar paste skills and soon I was hooked, taking any opportunity to try out a new technique or recipe.


From September 2010 to June 2011 I completed a cake decorating course at Thames Valley University and make cakes for friends and family at any given opportunity.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy the blog.


Jane


Monday 2 May 2011

Butterfly Birthday Cake

My friend asked me to make a birthday cake for her daughter’s second birthday, all I was told was that she liked butterflies.   I made a chocolate sponge cake and used vanilla butter cream, this was them covered in light blue sugar paste.  I made the butterflies with flower modelling paste from Squires, I used a cutter and left them to dry on a piece of cardboard which I had folded into V shape.  I made the flowers with royal icing which I piped on to a flower nail and left to dry over night.    I think it all came together really nicely and will definitely use this style again.
April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment