Main Blurb

Hi,

My name is Jane and I am using this blog as a way of keeping a record of my cake decorating projects.


I have always enjoyed cooking, particularly baking and have started to take cake decorating more seriously over the last few years. It all started when a friend asked me to make the cake for her wedding in May 2010. In the 9 months or so leading up to the wedding I started buying cake decorating books and
looking online, practicing my piping and sugar paste skills and soon I was hooked, taking any opportunity to try out a new technique or recipe.


From September 2010 to June 2011 I completed a cake decorating course at Thames Valley University and make cakes for friends and family at any given opportunity.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy the blog.


Jane


Friday 10 June 2011

Cousin's Wedding Cake

This is the wedding cake I decorated for my cousin.  My aunt made the 3 cakes, which are a rich fruit cake, and I decorated them with royal icing.  It is amazing how much work goes in to covering a cake with royal icing but I am really pleased with the result.  I was a little worried about adding the dowels for support as I thought the icing may crack but I was advised to add glycerine to softer the icing and this worked really well. I received loads of compliments on the day and most importantly the bride and groom loved it.
June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment