Main Blurb

Hi,

My name is Jane and I am using this blog as a way of keeping a record of my cake decorating projects.


I have always enjoyed cooking, particularly baking and have started to take cake decorating more seriously over the last few years. It all started when a friend asked me to make the cake for her wedding in May 2010. In the 9 months or so leading up to the wedding I started buying cake decorating books and
looking online, practicing my piping and sugar paste skills and soon I was hooked, taking any opportunity to try out a new technique or recipe.


From September 2010 to June 2011 I completed a cake decorating course at Thames Valley University and make cakes for friends and family at any given opportunity.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy the blog.


Jane


Tuesday 26 April 2011

Boy's Birthday Cake

A friend asked me to make his little boy's birthday cake.  He loves Moshi Monsters and his favourite character is Oddie.  I made an 8" chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream, the cake was covered in light blue sugar paste and the board is covered in green, I added the yellow balls to pull all the colours together.  I could find the colours of sugar paste I wanted so I bought it in white and used paste colours to get the shade I needed.  Oddie was made as a run out, it had to be done over several days to let each part dry and then I painted on the irises and pupils with food colour.
February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment